This long established Preschool centre are seeking a Director to manage their 80 place centre with 21 staff. This exceeding centre in Lane Cove has been providing preschool education to the Lane Cove community since 1958. As a community-based not-for-profit organisation, they aim to provide valuable initial experiences and guidance to preschool children aged 3–5 in a safe, friendly and happy environment.
Key responsibilities include yet are not limited to:
- Develop & implement the centres programs, systems and operational processes to ensure the successful running of the centre
- Ensure reporting requirements are monitored, maintained and completed on time
- Maintain & develop positive relationships & effective communication with the centres suppliers
- Develop positive and open professional relationships with families, children and staff
- Provided effective support, guidance & mentoring to staff members of the centre
- Manage the centres budget and expenditure within the budget framework
- Ensure the centre operates within the centres policies and procedures along with licensing, legislation & regulations requirements.
- Ensure rosters & staffing of the centre are well organised
- Managing & guiding staff with their professional development & their individual goals & performance.
- Adhoc duties as required by Management
- Marketing the centre to the local community
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A Bachelor of Early Childhood Education with 5 years experience as a Centre Director
- A current First Aid Certificate.
- A sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in leading a team of professional staff.
- The ability to develop effective & positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A solid understanding of policies, procedures and regulations.
What is in it for you?
- Excellent Salary base + bonus
- Not for profit centres take home net pay is higher than other salary packaging
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic organisation and to up-skill
- Professional Development
- Centre closes for all school holidays
- Be your own boss (No private centre owners)
- Working hours will be 08.15am - 15.45pm
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume via the “apply now” button or call Chris on 0414 300 581